TB-500 (Thymosin beta-4) is not a growth factor; rather, it is a major actin regulating peptide. TB-500 has been found to play an important role in protection, regeneration and remodeling of injured or damaged tissues. The gene for TB500 has also been found to be one of the first proteins to be up-regulated after a wound occurs.
Thymosin Beta 4 is a synthetic version of the naturally occurring peptide present in virtually all cells, Thymosin Beta 4 TB-500. It is a first-in-class peptide candidate that promotes the following:
* Endothelial (blood vessels) cell differentiation
* Angiogenesis (growth of new blood cells from pre-existing vessels) in dermal tissues
* Keratinocyte migration
* Collagen deposition; and
* Decreases inflammation.
Thymosin Beta-4, synonymously referred to as TB-500, offers many benefits to the equine world in performance enhancement. Recent trials by some of the world’s leading trainers have been credited by a huge boost in their race-day results, something long desired in racing worldwide.
These trials along with clinical trials have indicated the following benefits associated with the use of Thymosin Beta 4:
* Relaxed muscle spasm
* Improved muscle tone
* Increase the exchange of substance between cells
* Encourage tissue repair
* Stretches connective tissue
* Helps maintain flexibility
* Reduces inflammation of tissue in joint
* Enhances nutritional components in the animal
* Prevents the formations of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons and ligaments.